3. Powers and Duties of Officers and Employees
Back To Listing
Functions, powers and responsibilities of the Director, National Chemical Laboratory.
The Director, as Head of the Laboratory shall be responsible for: -
- Realizing the mission of the National Laboratory;
- Creating an environment in the National Laboratory conducive to nurturing of innovation and high class R&D and the other S&T activities of the laboratory;
- Managing the affairs of the National Laboratory as per the decisions of the Management Council
- Director shall in all matters, i.e. administrative, financial and disciplinary, have powers delegated to him by the Governing Body.
[Ref : Rule 53 A of CSIR Rules & Regulations and Bye-laws]. iv)
Bye-laws further provide for delegation of powers to other officers / functionaries subordinate to Director. The details of powers of DG,CSIR; RC; MC; Director and the powers delegated to other functionaries may please be referred to at link delegation.