CSIR-NCL Library and Information Centre was renamed in 2008 by CSIR, New Delhi as Knowledge Resource Centre. It provides information support to the scientific/technical staff of the laboratory using both archival and contemporary digital resources.
NCL library- KRC has computerized all its housekeeping activities and are being maintained and updated regularly. Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) is available for searching at the link below. www.ncl.org.in
Library membership is open to industrial clients, postgraduate students, faculty members of colleges, universities and government organizations etc. on payment basis which allow to refer print collection.
- 1,43,150 books and bound volumes of periodicals.
- 250 current subscriptions to Journals. (200 E +50 Print)
- Chemical Abstracts, since its inception. (1907-1999)
- Digitized Documents -Annalen der chemie (1832-1918),Chemische Berichte (1868-1916) etc.
- Fully computerized Library, using LIBSYS software for library operations
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) available for document search.
- Document Delivery Services
- Electronic access to periodicals- NCL subscribed 200, CSIR consortium 1500+
- Electronic access to major reference books & e -books
- Electronic access to Ph.D. theses submitted by NCL research students.
- BIOS,FIAT,CIOS,SRI reports
- RFID system installed & successfully functioning for self issuing & security of documents