National Chemical Laboratory (CSIR-NCL), Pune, established in 1950, is a constituent laboratory of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR). CSIR-NCL is a science and knowledge based research, development and consulting organization. It is internationally known for its excellence in scientific research in chemistry and chemical engineering as well as for its outstanding track record of industrial research involving partnerships with industry from concept to commercialization.
- To be a globally recognized and respected R&D organization in the area of chemical sciences and engineering.
- To become an organization that will contribute significantly towards assisting the Indian chemical and related industries in transforming themselves into globally competitive organizations.
- To become an organization that will generate opportunities for wealth creation for the nation and, thereby, enhance the quality of life for its people.
- To carry out R&D in chemical and related sciences with a view to eventually deliver a product, process, intellectual property, tacit knowledge or service that can create wealth and provide other benefits to NCL's stakeholders.
- To build and maintain a balance portfolio of scientific activities as well as R&D programs to enable NCL to fulfill the demands of its stakeholders, present and future.
- To create and sustain specialized Knowledge Competencies and Resource Centers within NCL which can provide support to all stakeholders of NCL.
- To contribute to the creation of high quality Ph.D. students with competencies in the area of chemical, material, biological and engineering sciences.
Guiding Principles and Values:
- To be deeply committed to the success of our stakeholders.
- To create and sustain a self - driven and self - managed learning organization with a high degree of internal and external transparency.
- To encourage a culture of collective and principle-centred leadership.
- To value the dignity of the individual and deal with people with a sense of fairness and without bias, prejudice or favour.
- To nurture the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct.