Limited number of students of recognized Indian Universities / Institutes are allowed access to the research
facilities of CSIR- NCL under the supervision of one or more of CSIR- NCL scientists through summer training /
project in the field of chemistry / chemical engineering / life sciences / plant molecular biology and other areas of
interest to CSIR-NCL.
Interested students are requested to visit NCL website (www.ncl-india.org) for more details on the current research
activities of the laboratory. Students must possess a good academic record as well as interest and aptitude to pursue
For Students seeking internship
- Selection criteria : Students who are already registered with a particular college / university can apply for
internship at CSIR-NCL.
- The registered students should go through the faculties profile and email the request to the scientist for the
internship topic. (the student must select the scientist / guide based his / her own topic or area of internship project).
- The link for scientist / guide profile is available on:
and / or
Response from scientist / guide
- You will get a response, regarding acceptance or otherwise from the scientist who is willing to accept you
within a week.
- If you don’t get a response within a week, then, the scientist already has the threshold number of students
and will not be able to accept you
- In this case, you are requested to kindly apply to another institute.
- Duration of the training will be for a minimum of two continuous months. Placement of students at CSIR-
NCL for any period less than eight weeks will not be considered.
- Immediately after confirmation from scientist/guide, the student must ask the guide the procedure for
Kindly note that, there are no fees or charges for such training / project work and it does not offer stipend or
fellowship to short term trainees. Selected students will have to make their own arrangement for travel to and
fro as well as for boarding and lodging during the duration of the project / training. Before joining and after
selection, students can inform their guides if they need a campus accommodation (this will be in sharing
depending on the number of students) on a first come first serve basis.